Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Oney the Fisherman

Who would have thought Oney would be so into fishing? Well it just may be his new favorite pastime! The girls and I were out of town on a Student Council trip (post to come later), Judson was gone on a business trip, so Oney decided to go to Pickwick with Ginny for the weekend. Well when it was time to come home for Ginny to go back to work, Oney decided he wanted to stay with Pop and Aunt Das. He stayed with Pop on Sunday night and Aunt Das and Uncle Rob Monday and Tuesday night. He had a GREAT time! I was afraid he might get homesick but boy was I wrong. I think everybody kept him really busy! Look at how proud he was of his catch here...



He was especially proud of this catfish that he caught. He has caught Crappie before but never a catfish. Way to go Oney!



This is a striped fish "aka" a "mohawk" fish. He really liked this one, too!


Oney with his Uncle Rob. Thanks Uncle Rob for your patience and sharing your time on the lake with Oney. He had a wonderful time!


Look at this face! I LOVE IT! Look how excited he is to be holding his catch! I remember fishing at Cold Creek with my Papa Sonny on his homemade pontoon boat! Those were the days!


Aunt Das and Uncle Rob even took Oney fishing at night! WOW...dedicated fishermen!


I was so glad when Oney came home today...I have been without him for 6 days!!! I really missed him!

0 comments: