Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day One...Traveling Across the Globe


Thursday, June 28, 2012
Ginny drove 4 of us to the airport and Abby volunteered to ride with Sittie and Jidi. They also had to take a few of our bags! We have NO IDEA how we will make it home with our stuff in a few weeks. Oh well, we may be asking for volunteers to pick us up from the airport. 
INSERT PICTURE OF GIRLS IN MEMPHIS WITH HATS ON
We arrived with plenty of time to go to the Delta Sky Club...ALL 12 of us...actually Sittie opted to just ride her wheel chair straight to the gate. We flew from Memphis to Detroit where we had a very brief layover before we would board our international flight to London, UK. 
INSERT PICTURE OF NAIFEHS SPREAD OUT IN DETROIT AIRPORT
Once again Sittie opted to take her “special” handicap seat right by the gate while we all ran to grab a bite. As you can see from this picture, the Sun was in Jidi’s eyes so he wore my hat! 
INSERT PICTURE OF JOE IN HAT
We boarded the plane, the plane doors closed and finally the moment I had been waiting for...no more packing, no more preparing, no more checking my list. We were off and at that point all we had left to do was simply ENJOY! You don’t realize the pressure a trip like this puts on those involved until you experience it for yourself. The planner, the packer, the organizer, the financier. Just leaving home for this long with two stores, over 120 employees, two houses, a dog, etc. Whew! 
Everyone did SUPERB on the plane to London. We all were able to sleep a little-some more than others! The kids were PERFECT! We landed in London safe and sound. And we were off to a trip of a lifetime! 

****NOTE****I had great plans of blogging every day while we were in Europe. That didn't last. We hit the ground in London and never stopped for a second. I have had these posts as drafts for 6 months now. I am now surrendering and this will be my only post in my blog book. If you want to read about Europe, you will have to come to my house and look at my Europe Book that I made. THANKS to Sandra and Joe for a trip of a lifetime! 

0 comments: