Friday, June 29, 2012

Ready or Not...Here We Go!

The bags are all packed and checked. We have said our goodbyes. We flew to Detroit and made our connecting flight to London on time. After months and months of preparation and stressing and discussion, now all there is left to do is simply ENJOY the trip! By now I guess you have figured out that we are taking a VERY special family trip. Sittie and Jidi are taking all of their children and their families on a European vacation. A neat Naifeh tradition that Oney and Adele Naifeh started and one that Joe and Sandra wanted to continue.

It was fun today watching the kids transition from the "dread" of the long family vacation to the "sheer excitement and anticipation" of what is going to be a TRIP of a LIFETIME.

As I am typing this, everyone has taken a little sleep aid of some sort and we are settling in with our pillows and blankies for a nap. Actually, I've lost everyone except for Ally and Oney and Joseph. They are still stirring a little.

We have four more hours left until we land in London. It will be 7:30am. We hit the ground running. We have a private tour guide and driver the next two days. We are going to Windsor Castle first stop! What an exciting time to be in London with the Olympics being hosted there this Summer!

I know by tomorrow night we will be dead tired! We will have been out of our beds for quite a while. I can't wait to see and do everything on this trip!

I hope to be able to blog a little as we go with pictures so that you can follow along at home! Thanks to everyone for holding down the fort. My sleepy meds are kicking in now-gonna try to sleep for a couple of hours anyway.

Thanks Sittie and Jidi for being so generous and kind and loving us enough to want to do this for us. And no...I'm pretty sure all of my posts will not be quite this congenial. Anytime you have 12 Chiefs and no Indians, things get a little tricky! But for the record, we made it so far extremely well and airports are typically stressful. So, I say we are off to a great start:-)

One other side note:Judson has decided to do a little "blogging" of his own this trip. He is keeping notes on his iPhone to be published or shared later. If he lets me, I will share some of them on my blog. They are actually pretty funny. He says that is going to be his mental therapy on the trip...if it works...I will definitely keep his pencil sharpened!!

0 comments: