Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wrapping It Up

Believe it or not, we are wrapping the school year up. I can't believe that I will have an 8th, 7th and 4th grader in the Fall.  I am so proud of all three of them and their hard work this year. These last couple of weeks have been extremely busy...Coon Supper, Easter, Tornadoes, Floods, Vegas, Derby, birthday parties, planning our Summer Camps, etc. We are really looking forward to the Lake this Summer. I think the kids crave the "simple life" as much as Judson and I do...it is so much easier there. 

The past few weeks have been devastating in the South. We have had record numbers of tornadoes, power outages, torrential rains, floodings, etc.  I drove the kids to Downtown Memphis to look at the Mississippi River. It crested at 47.9 feet...the highest since 1937! It was amazing! Really something to see.

I am especially proud of my girls for stepping into their leadership roles this year.  They are both involved in BETA Club, Student Council Officers, attending leadership retreats, etc.  They are really maturing.

So, Monday marks the last week of this school year! Ready or not!

0 comments: