Friday, November 25, 2011

Duck Gumbo

Notice the title of my post was "Duck Gumbo" not "Duck Hunting". After we landed in Memphis from our Dallas trip, Judson headed back to Stuttgart for a weekend of "duck hunting". This is his favorite weekend to go each year because of the socializing. I'm not really sure how much hunting they really do but I know they have a great time!


Yep, there is David Gadd with his jar of moonshine.


Some one's "duck truck" from the Duck Gumbo party. Only in Arkansas would you see such as thing!


As I understand it, tradition at Duck Gumbo is to put stickers on ladies rears. I'm sure their is more to the story....it's a man thing. For what it's worth here is a link to the only web site I could find...Duck Gumbo Cookoff.


You can run but you can't hide. Look who Judson ran into....Tim Castellaw and Jody Smith.


The minute we unloaded the car from the airport, Oney disappeared. He sat in the garage for what seemed like forever with his new favorite pastime he learned at Duck Camp, "stick carving".


This is the last picture I got via text that night. I said good night and turned my phone on vibrate. I figured it was a good time to check out!

0 comments: