Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving in Dallas

This was our year to spend Thanksgiving with the Shdeed Family. We used to do Thanksgiving with them every year until we all started having children with schedules that are just as busy as our own. Now we do Thanksgiving with them every other year. We have also simplified by just going to Dallas every time. We used to rotate between Covington, Wichita, and Oklahoma City (where all of the siblings live). It just became really difficult to please everyone on airfare, driving, hotels, etc. So we picked Dallas for several reasons: it is a neutral city, it is easy to fly in and out of, we do have several of the younger cousins that live there, awesome hotel connected to the Galleria Mall, fabulous Country Club that has a private room for us all to fit in for our Thanksgiving Meal, etc.
Judson and Oney met me and the girls at the airport (they drove straight from Duck Hunting). We flew in on Tuesday and back home on Friday. Judson went straight from the airport back to Stuttgart. Me and the kids came home.

I didn't even take my camera this year! Can you believe it? I knew if I took it then I would be tempted to be every one's photographer. So, right before our meal I had someone snap this picture with my iphone.


Pretend there is a picture here...I know I took one, I just can't find it at the moment!


It was a great trip and the kids always have fun with their cousins. Its amazing how easily they reconnect for only seeing each other every other year. Thanks to Christie and Robin for always being so warm and generous to us when we go to Dallas. We look forward to Thanksgiving 2013! It will be here before you know it.

0 comments: