Sunday, July 22, 2012

"Gearing Up" for Football

While the girls were gone to camp this week, Oney started getting ready for his first football season at TRA. We went to All American to get fitted for all of his gear. He is getting really excited about playing with his school friends this year. He has played touch football in a Covington league for the past two years.

 I am a little apprehensive, as most Mothers probably are,  about the whole tackle situation. With so much media concerning head trauma, I can't help but be a little worried. Also, practicing in this HEAT is a bit much. Oney had practice on Wednesday and the picture below shows what the heat index was...114!!! Can you tell I am having a little trouble cutting the cord on my "baby boy"? I can't believe he is in the 5th grade! WOW! 





0 comments: