Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Student Council Camp

My poor girls were at home for less than 48 hours before they had to pack up and head to Student Council Summer Leadership Camp. Because of Abby's position on the state board, she was required to attend. We knew when we planned our trip this would be the case. Ally was a good big sis and decided  to attend with Abby. They both attended last year and absolutely LOVED it. They gained some good leadership tactics, too. So, they wanted to go again. The being gone away from home factor just worried me a bit. However, they have done great! I talked to them awhile ago and all was well. They are looking forward to a lazy weekend at home. I don't think I will be able to pry them off of the couch and they do not want to go to the lake. I agree. I am in need of a few more days at home sweet home. The "re-entry" into the real world after being gone so long has been hard. I am still in the recovery mode. I did my last load of laundry today, put away the last stack of clothes and finished going through my huge stack of mail. 

We have the best council and advisors ever. They said their prayer and then I made everyone pose for a group shot! The kids are all used to me and my camera...between student council, basketball, volleyball, golf, etc. I always have a camera in my hands. I know someday my kids will appreciate it! 



Silly Shot! 


Look at this...these three were standing in the parking lot talking and it made me do a double take! Susan was their Elementary principal not too many years ago. Now look at them! wow!


0 comments: