Friday, April 29, 2011

Counting Our Blessings








So, so, so THANKFUL today! Yesterday our Country had the MOST TORNADOES EVER in a single day since 1974.  There were more than 170 tornadoes and as of tonight more than 300 people were killed! One of the tornadoes touched down at Pickwick Lake. It was pretty bad, thankfully no one was killed. There was some major damage though. The tornado was centered less than 1/4 of a mile from our house. The hardware store was totally wiped out, Pickwick Pizza suffered major damage, cabins behind pizza place were totally destroyed, the Greens also had some major damage.  Pop was there and luckily he wasn't in the middle of it all!

Like my title says, we are all counting our blessings today. Not only are we okay (alive and well), but so are our homes and businesses. See the picture of our house at the Lake as it looked today.
It is remarkable to think that a tornado was so close. We just have some minor cleaning up to do in the yard with trees, etc. Tonight I am thinking about the poor people in Tuscaloosa Alabama, one of the hardest hit towns. I am so thankful...I do not deserve all of the blessings I have had in my life but I sure am thankful for every one of them.

0 comments: