Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Prideful Post

I am going to borrow a saying from my “favorite” Mother in Law.  She always says, “I am going straight to HELL for the PRIDE I have in my Grandchildren. Well, I had one of those moments on the Lake last weekend. We were all the way down at Eastport until late that afternoon. We had the Sea Doo with us, so we had to be back at the boat slip 30 minutes before Sunset. Well, the Dads were exhausted from their “bout of skiing” and day on the Lake. So the Moms, took charge and navigated our way back that evening.

LORI, pulled up the anchor all by herself AND drove the boat all by herself! It is not that Lori is not capable, it’s just that she never has done it especially by herself…she did a FABULOUS job! And look how CUTE she looked in her stylin' sunglasses!


Here is where the PRIDE comes into play.  My SUPER DAUGHTERS stepped up and made me SO PROUD that I felt like Sandra that day!

Ally drove Porter and Will all the way in on the Sea Doo!

Abby drove Katie and Duncan Blue all the way in on their ski boat! (Katie was holding a screaming baby that cried himself to sleep after a few minutes of riding)


Yes, the Naifeh girls (12 and 13) were responsible for all treasured members of the Hughes Family that afternoon-sorry Ryan-we love you, too! You see, the girls took an eight hour boating safety class last summer and are fully licensed to operate a boat all by themselves. They are also fully capable!

We all decided that Miss Mary Lou was definitely “proud” of her girls that day, too! We just wish she could still be here to hear about all of our crazy Naifeh-Hughes memories…or maybe not!

0 comments: