Saturday, July 30, 2011

Our Days Are Numbered...

After one night at home, you guessed it, the kids were ready to go again! Sunday night the girls went to Putt Putt with the Youth Group and Oney went to Sitties. Judson and I were preparing for a store meeting for the Munford Employees when Ally called in a panic. She was having an asthma attack! She was in a TOTAL panic state! This heat has really been hard on her this Summer. She had a small spell earlier in the week at camp so this time I was really scared. I jumped in the car and FLEW to Memphis with the breathing machine. Along the way I called Dr. Susan Aguillard, our pediatrician and family friend. She told me exactly what to do...she is such a GODSEND! I do not know what we would have done without her all these years! I mean really...who can text their Doctor for asthma attacks, staph infections, wasp stings, etc (those are all in the last month by the way)!!! I doctored Ally up and we raced to Munford to the meeting.

Tuesday, I took all three kids to see Dr. Susan for a "Back to School" checkup. They all got Hepatitis A shots and Abby got a tetanus shot. It always makes me feel good just to go see her every now and then for a good check over. For the most part, everyone is A OK! After the Doctor, we shopped for school supplies and uniforms. It is nice to check those things off of my list! It was also nice doing it early and avoiding the crowds.

Ally is playing on the high school golf team at TRA this year. Her golf game is a little rusty and we had lessons scheduled at Mirimichi for the week to bring her up to speed. After the asthma attack, she had to be indoors all week. Well guess what??? Mirimichi has an indoor Callaway training center. It is incredible...they roll a garage door up and you hit your ball from a climate controlled room and it goes outside!! Yes, Ally is rotten!!! Could you have imagined such when we were kids???

The girls are hard at work on their Student Council and really motivated since camp! I am so proud of them and the way they have stepped up into leadership roles. Checkout the website the created together...TRA Student Council .

Thursday night Abby had her annual back to school party. It was at the Thornton's pool which is really cool. She had a great time! We headed to the Lake for our "last hoorah" before school starts. It is just not the same once the school year begins. The kids have practice, parties, sleepovers, etc and want to be in Covington! Abby opted to stay home with Ginny so she could go to a friend's party tonight...we miss you Abby!

Well, I hear people moving around upstairs...I sure have enjoyed this morning of peace and quiet (I woke up at 4:00 am and couldn't sleep)! Time to start our day. Next week is another week of Doctor appointments, lessons, hemming pants, etc. Ally and Abby get their braces off!! I can't wait to see what they look like!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Ok so this confirms why I want Ema to stay little forever. I am worn out but reading your blog! :) I looked at the website and it looks great!