Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Homecoming Queen Times Two

Yep...you read it right...BOTH of my girls are Homecoming candidates for the 2011 Tipton Rosemark Homecoming Court!!! Can I brag for just a minute, please? I don't feel right typing this post but the proud Momma in me can't resist! Not because homecoming court is that big of a deal, but because I am so proud of my girls in general. They are both maturing so fast. They are beautiful inside and out - and I truly mean it. Yes, they fight with each other and their brother, they have messy rooms, they have to be reminded to use their manners, they moan and groan at certain requests, etc BUT for the most part they are just perfect!

Beautiful...Smart...Witty...Athletic...
Self Driven...Gorgeous...Motivated...
Intelligent...Leaders...Kind Hearted...
Loving...Prayerful...
Energetic...Full of Life...Funny...
Sympathetic...Respectful...

I know that may be a little much but I mean every bit of it. I probably do not praise them enough. I may be too hard on them at times, but I just remember the wise words my wonderful pediatrician always tells me. "Your job is to raise independent, well adjusted successful adults. You are not to be their best friend." She is so right. Sometimes it is hard to be the parent. I know they are better off though when they are disciplined.

So girls...THANK YOU for making me proud! Know that even though I do not always verbally express how proud I am of you two, I am ALWAYS feeling and thinking WOW am I lucky to have two PERFECT daughters!

I LOVE YOU and I cannot wait to see you in your dresses that your Daddy so graciously bought for you - BLUE of course to match your beautiful BLUE eyes!

0 comments: