Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rockin' Into Fall with Student Council Dance



The girls did an EXCELLENT job planning their first school dance! Ally is the President and Abby is the Secretary and they both worked really hard to make this dance come off without a snag! In the past, the school has not had a very good D.J. which has led to a not so exciting dance. Well, I charged my girls to stand out on a limb and go all out for this one. They really wanted the D.J. that did Ally's 13th birthday party last year, Rockin' Robin's DJs. We (me, Ally and Abby) convinced the sponsors to allow us to book them. Judson and I agreed that if for some reason the Student Council didn't raise enough money, we would cover anything to keep them from going in the hole. And then...the "campaigning"began. The students are supposed to buy their tickets in advance at school. Ally and Abby went on a mission to get everyone to buy a ticket, and I do mean everyone! The school sold around 40 tickets at the last dance and they ended up selling around 120 this year!!! That just shows what you can do when you put your mind to it. Well, not only was the dance a financial success, it was according to the students, "THE BEST DANCE EVER"! Judson and I were proud parents to say the least. I am sharing some different pictures from the night. Enjoy!

Good friends!



Fun and games!

0 comments: