Saturday, February 4, 2012

The End! of basketball season....

Our basketball season ended today for all three kids. The girls had a game in Memphis at Grace St. Luke's and Oney had a game in Millington at First Baptist Church. I went with the girls and Judson went with Oney. The girls season ended up just the way it started...frustrating and disappointing. Oney, on the other hand, had his best season yet. I attribute both of my feelings to the kid's coaches. I never really realized the power a coach has over your child until the past couple of years. The coach can make or break you and your season. That can go either way...

Oney really has become a rebounding man! He has gotten more confident on the court and more aggressive in trying to get a piece of the ball. I am so PROUD of him. He has given a ton of effort and it really has shown on the court. His coaches REALLY worked with him this year! They taught the boys basic basketball skills, set a good example for them at practice and during the games, encouraged them, etc. They made our season so worthwhile. I can't thank them both enough...one season with a good coach...wow, what a difference!

The girls on the other hand...well I won't elaborate for the sake of hurting feelings. But it was a disappointing season. We have a LOT of talent on our team and well, you can fill in the blanks with the exact opposite of Oney's Coaches. I am so PROUD of my girls for sticking it out until the end. I admit there were days that I even wanted to throw in the towel.

Abby became a BEAST in the rebounding and defensive positions. I think she was on the floor as much as on her feet! She really hustled and improved her game this year.
Can you believe that Ally has played her LAST Middle School basketball game? She is officially a few months away from being in high school...WOW...time is flying by...

I really enjoyed seeing them on the court TOGETHER this year! That may never happen again?

0 comments: