Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Dance

Beautiful Babes


WOW! I was so very proud of my girls at the dance! They are so beautiful inside and out. They couldn't be ANY prettier or ANY sweeter and I couldn't be ANY prouder. (I know that's not proper grammar.) I always love preparing for a dance with the two of them. They are usually SO different in their opinions but the older they get, the more alike they become. This year they both wanted a "purple" dress. I think they both did a great job with their final choices. The pictures below are some of the dresses that we tried on and didn't make the final cut. Yes, we usually buy  about 5 or 6 dresses, bring them home, try them on a dozen times, and then decide what Mom gets to return...the things you do for your kids!


After we went dress shopping, we had to go "hairstyle shopping". This is what they came up with and I think they were both simply stunning!


As usual, I called in a "911" to my sister that day. We were running behind schedule getting their hair done (imagine that), and I knew at that point we I would never make it. I should have thought about how nearly impossible it would be to simultaneously makeover your daughters that are only a year apart. Thank goodness for my Sis! She was a lifesaver. We have done this before (911 calls to her) at Homecoming so she just came in and went to work! She took Ally of course and I took Abby!


How proud does Judson look in this picture? I love it!


Judson is almost as proud as Jidi and Sittie!

The "7th grade boys"...they were thrilled to have their picture taken as you can tell!


PROUD BROTHER, Oney!


I  missed out taking "action shots" at the dance. Angel insisted on me not coming to help this time, so I didn't go. The kids made my night when I picked them up from the dance. They said, "Where were you all night, Mom"? I said, I left so you could have this dance without me being there. They both said, "But Momma, we LOVE having you there! We like it when you chaperone. You aren't like some of the other Moms"!

0 comments: