Tuesday, May 1, 2012

8th Grade Washington Trip

The 8th grade takes a class trip to Washington, D.C. each year. I was lucky enough to go with Ally this year. It was an incredible trip to say the least. Lisa Cole did a great job with it. I took about 800 pictures so here are just a few of our memories in a snapshot. 


Ally and these other students were chosen to place a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It was such a high honor. It was a very touching ceremony and it really made an impression on the kids. This was a very special day for our family. To think that Ally's Great Grandfather's were both born in a foreign country, and came to America searching for that dream. Gives me chills every time I think about it!



I love this picture. I snuck up on her and grabbed a hug before she realized what was happening. Priceless~


Friends...
Logan Rose, Tino Garibay, Zach James, Katie Hambick, Taylor Beasley & Ally





The Tomb of the Unknown



The White House


The parents that went on the trip. 


 Silly girls spelling out...L...O...V...E


Man, is she like her Daddy or what?


Best friends for as long as I can remember!


A sweet "boy" friend, Logan Rose


My caretakers for the week - Breck, Me and James



All packed up and ready to head home. I'm not sure who was more tired, the kids or the parents?!


Ally's photo collage she made on the way home. Did you all know how much I LOVE taking pictures? I know that I take too many, but I love it and I know someday we will all be so grateful! 


0 comments: