Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Greenbrier...Mental/Physical Health Week

Judson and I are attending a Certified Angus Beef Convention at The Greenbrier this week. This was a nice "perk trip" of being in the grocery business and we were looking forward to coming here to relax and unwind a bit. This was supposed to be a trip for ME to rest up and recharge! Boy did we start this trip off on a whirl...I came home from church Sunday with what has turned out to be the WORST stomach bug that I have EVER had...TGFP...thank goodness for phenegran! I don't now how or what I packed or how I made it on the plane...but we arrived last night! Look at the West Virginia sign...this pic is for my mother-in-law, Sandra, now I know where she gets it from..."Wild and Wonderful"...that describes her! 



As you can see from this photo, it was getting dark when we arrived last night. I will get a better picture today. This place is amazing! If you do not know the history, you should read up on it. It was built in "1778"!! Can you imagine the history of this place...if these walls could talk?


The picture above is of our "Cottage"! They made a mistake on our room booking, so they upgraded us to a cottage...SWEET! We have a fireplace...its so quaint! This is my view from our front porch. I am sitting in a rocking chair blogging. Am I doing good on my relaxing and slowing down this week or what? Aren't you proud of me? 


I am feeling much better today-not good, but better considering. Judson is golfing and I am sitting on my front porch of our cottage enjoying the AWESOME Fall weather. I LOVE the mountains in the Fall. Makes me wish I were back in college again at UT! 


These pictures are of the "symbolic" White Sulphur Spring Water. It is famous for healing, health and many people over the years have visited the Greenbrier just to get a touch of the water! I plan on checking it out at the spa this afternoon.


I took a brief walk around the grounds until my stomach started grumbling again. I hope I feel more like moving around tomorrow. I know this is corny, but as I walked I saw the leaves falling and acorns all over the place. Reminded me of my childhood. I think my sister, my cousins and me and my neighborhood friends spent many hours "cooking" and playing with acorns and mud! Those were the days! looking forward to catching up on a lot of blogging, rest and relaxation!



1 comments:

Muscle Pain said...

Simply extraordinary and well maintained blog. I haven't seen this kind of blog containing valuable information. Many many thanks for sharing this kind of blogs.