Friday, September 7, 2012

Tornado or Straight Line Winds?

Less than 24 hours prior to this picture, there was a terrible storm. I was driving a car FULL of girls home from the TRA football game. Out of nowhere, came high winds and rain and debris blowing everywhere. It came upon us so quickly we really didn't know what was happening. I could barely hold the car on the highway. I called Judson to let him know we were almost home. He had no idea it was that bad outside. As I turned on 59 headed towards our house, we saw a funnel cloud above the field across the street. The screams and squeals coming from that car were so loud! When we got home, it was all over with...except for the cleanup!


I drove on highway 14 the next day to see exactly what was hitting my windshield the night before. Here are the pics...pine cones, tree limbs, etc were all over the road exactly where it hit us!





 Look how BLUE the sky was the next morning! It was a beautiful, cool fall-like day.


We didn't have any major damage. Breck, our neighbor, got the brunt of it. He had some minor roof damage, landscaping pulled from its roots, total loss of the play set, etc. We just had things blown around for the most part.




I say it was definitely a tornado...although it was never confirmed! Whew! Scary ride home that night! 

0 comments: