Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Update on Dad

Quick update on Dad. Considering all things, I guess he had the best news possible yesterday. 

They decided to leave his incision open. He may or may not have another surgery to close him back up on Wednesday or Thursday. It is strep NOT staph which is the better evil. He will be in the hospital for at least a week. He will go home with a pic line and will receive daily IV antibiotics for a minimum of 6 weeks. 

This is serious. Real serious. But I feel like we are in good hands now with our infectious disease doctor Dr Threlkeld and I think we finally got the attention of his surgeon Dr Shettley. 

Please continue your prayers. We (my sister and our kids ) are still at the beach. We decided to stay because we have a long road ahead of us. Also-pray for my Mom-you know-she did almost severe her entire finger on Saturday and she hasn't even had time to take care of herself. 

My dad is a fighter he can beat this thing. Thanks for the prayers. 

0 comments: