Friday, December 16, 2011

All I Want For Christmas Is A...Nose Job


This is a terrible picture. This was after my doctor visit. My nose was confirmed broken. I was scheduled for surgery. My poor husband-everywhere we went that day and for many days thereafter-people would stare at him like he was an abusive husband! The best thing I did was post a picture on facebook explaining what happened to me. Living in a small town, it sure did save me explaining my accident a million times a day!

Wow! I had displaced my sinuses and had to have my nose manipulated. It was a quick outpatient procedure. I would have a "nose cast" for 10 days! I didn't even know there was such! Here are my x-rays...


Here I am in recovery! I don't really remember this, but of course, my husband was snapping pictures!


My "nose cast"...it was hard just like a real cast!


Recovery process...gettting better everyday!

  

I got my cast off! I was actually hesitant to have it removed. I walk around now with my hands in front of my face. I am so afraid that someone will bump my nose. Just imagine someone hitting you in the nose as hard as they can and then multiply it times a "gazillion"...that's how it felt!


I am a slow learner. Toward the end of my recovery process, I realized that a glass of wine sure would ease the pain!


My "happy" from Ally for my surgery...pretty cute...huh?


"I dress real cute but I know how to shoot!"

4 comments:

Jack Sebastian said...

Looking at the picture, it must be uncomfortable to have that, especially when you sleep. How were you able to sleep without hitting your surgically-repaired nose? You probably have to lie in bed very still, LOL. Anyway, it's good that the operation is a success. Be careful so that you won’t have to wear that nose cast again. (:

Jack Sebastian

Bettie said...

Drinking wine particularly, red wine sure has a lot of health benefits. It lowers blood pressure and restrains the formation of blood clots. Anyway, you seem to be recovering fast and it clearly shows in the photos how effective the nose cast is. Cheers! =)

- Bettie Comerford

Unknown said...

You were looking pretty good in those last photos. It’s good to see the actual progress of your recovery. It’s been 9 months since then, how was your recovery? I hope it went well, and that the scars or bruising beneath your eye have completely healed already.

Elnora Chamorro

Unknown said...

Looking at the x-ray pictures, I can only imagine the pain you’ve gone through. That was really a bad break, eh? Perhaps, it was a long way to finally see it heal, but the waiting time was surely worth it. Take care, Dana. :)

- Dennis Rode