Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Bloody Mess

Yes...that is real blood and real tears!

Judson and were switching out memory sticks in our deer cameras today after we hunted. It was just the two of us which rarely happens. We happened upon a large group of does and Judson said "I think I will take out a doe". I said, "wait, lets do it together and get a double". He rested his gun on the base of a hunting house and I (without thinking) did the same. He told me to go first. Without a minutes thought, I pulled the trigger quickly out of excitement and carelessness. Well, Judson is quite a bit taller than me. So when I rested my gun on the stand, it was very high on my shoulder. Needless to say, it kicked BAD. I immediately fell to my knees and began crying sobbing. I have never cried so hard or experienced anything so painful in my life! Words cannot express how I felt. I was mad at myself for being so careless. I was embarrassed. I was hurt-bad. Judson was so worried about me that he didn't know what to do. He was really scared. He made me let him take this picture so that he could send it to Kerry to ask her what to do!


Of course, we were as far away from the truck as possible. It was the one time that we were in two separate vehicles. We didn't have a cooler with ice in it. My family was all out of town. Nothing was going our way! He drove us in as fast as he could. By now I looked like I had gutted a deer I had so much blood on me! My binoculars were full of blood.


This is what I looked like by the time I got back to the house. I didn't let myself look in the mirror until I got back to the house. When I walked in the door, the kids reaction was all I needed to know just how bad I looked! They almost cried...they were so scared.


They got me an ice pack, a blanket, a diet coke, you name it! Breck came over and confirmed what we already believed...it was definitely broken. Judson called our ENT, Dr. Touliatos. He said there was nothing he could do until the swelling went down. He told me to wait a few days, gave me pain pills and told me come in to see him on Wednesday. OUCH!


This was that night after my shower. Doesn't look half as bad as it feels.


The next morning...yes, I really did go hunting the next day with Oney! I think I was still in shock!


That evening...oooohhhhhh.....

The only good thing to happen that weekend....Ally got a super nice buck!!! Her buck made mine look tiny! I was so happy for her. Ryan went with her and was her good luck charm! My kids think that he is the "deer whisperer"! They always have great luck with him hunting.


They have fun with him too...I wonder why?????????????


This is the nicest buck that we have killed on our farm so far!


We were so proud of her kill! It was worth going that Sunday...but I sure was glad to get back home and rest with my ice pack!

0 comments: