Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oney's 10th Birthday

Take One

I cannot BELIEVE that my "Baby Boy", yes he IS my BABY BOY, turned 10 years old! He is always asking me to go to school to eat lunch with him. I feel like he gets "cheated" in the little things like that since he is the third child. It is just so hard to make the time.  Usually, it's the little things that the kids treasure the most!

I love how happy he is in this picture! I also LOVE taking the kids picture with the blue walls in the background...it really makes their blue eyes pop!


I REALLY love this picture. Oney had two huge boxes of cupcakes and he went around the room passing them out to friends. Of course, knowing that his Momma always has extra (and I did), he just kept passing them out and then he came back to his seat. He realized then that he had given away ALL of the cupcakes and didn't keep one for himself! Lo and behold his DEAR friend Addey Grace gave her cupcake up for him to have one to blowout his candle! So sweet! Of course, Oney then offered to share it with Addey Grace but Lexi had already split hers in two pieces! I love all of these kids! They ALL look after one another like brothers and sisters - no better - than brothers and sisters!



This is Oney and his friend Seth Cannon. He has spent the night at our house a couple of times and I really like him. He is a cute boy.


Take Two

Sittie had to make Oney's birthday special for him since she is falling behind on the boy's 10th birthday trip to New York City. She decided to take him shopping in Memphis (yes, he loves to shop like his father). Then she picked up his cousins, Jeanne Claire and Joseph, and took them to Benihana's for dinner. They had an awesome time. Sittie is so wonderful to take the time to make ALL of my kids' birthdays, Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, etc SPECIAL! She is the best!


Look what she had the Chef do with their rice...so sweet! I just hope that my kids realize how absolutely wonderful she is to them! I am sure they probably don't quite get it now, but hopefully as they get older they will appreciate everything...I know I do!



Take Three

We saved the best for last! The final birthday celebration was just perfect. We I was  scrambling at the last minute literally (remember 3rd child here). Between Dallas, Thanksgiving, basketball, hunting, etc, I had no idea where to go or what to do for his party. We do not make a big fuss over the kids birthday's each year - rather we try to do a party every other year. This was his big year...number 10! Every place I checked was booked...laser tag, paint ball, skating,etc. What do we do?!?!? Oney wasn't picky...he just wanted a birthday party! After coming up short of a great idea,  I resorted to a surprise movie party in Munford.  My hope was that the "surprise twist" would make it the coolest party ever!


Success! It worked! He was so surprised...
He was SO sad the week before his party. He went to bed crying two days before his party asking was I ever going to plan him a party?! It broke my heart and I almost gave in and told him...but I am so glad I didn't...the look on his face when he and Judson walked in the movie theatre! He thought he was making a grocery delivery...boy was he fooled! This is the best picture I could get as he walked in the door.


I love this picture...look at the pride on Ally and Abby's faces...they were so happy to have pulled off the surprise!

I love these two pics - Ms McDonald as I have always referred to her OR Fancy Nancy as Oney thinks of her...and Ms Nancy's granddaughter, Mary Leslie or ML. Oney and ML are big buddies.


I thought his cake turned out cute. He loves candy and chocolate of any sort. So this is what I came up with...last minute, of course!


Some random pictures from the party...



I had to put this one in here so that you would know that I was actually at the party. See...thats my hand lighting the candles! I must do better at getting someone to take my picture!


Here is his party group shot. Cute kids, huh?



 

0 comments: