Friday, January 15, 2016

Lucky Lottery and Lake Life

In the midst of all this excitement, I forgot we were headed to the Lake for the long weekend (Martin Luther King, Jr Day is Monday). So needless to say I wasn't as prepared as I normally am and I was scrambling at the last minute to get it all together. I asked Ally to text me a list of groceries the kids wanted and this is what I got...


Well after my tv interviews, my phone blew up with notifications...the lottery winners came forward live on the Today Show in New York!  Lo and behold, yes, they were from Munford! Their names were John and Lisa Robinson and they literally live a couple streets behind the store. How exciting! Hopefully they will stick around and make a difference in our little town. 

Our uniform company called us and suggested we make t-shirts. So we did! They were a hit and the kids really loved them! 



This is a note from my pharmacy! This was just a funny note. BUT, you would be surprised at how many emails, text messages, phone calls, private messages, Facebook requests, letters in the mail, etc.   that we received asking for money! It was INSANE. Everyone thought that we got $1,000,000 instead of the $25, 000. I cannot imagine what happened to the Robinsons. It was really shocking to me the number of requests we got (and are still getting since I am doing this post late). People are so tactless. 
This was a reporter from the Daily in New York and our cashier that sold the winning ticket. 
More pictures from the day of the announcement. 






This was on Snapchat the next day. This is John Robinson and his wife Lisa the day they claimed their winning ticket. I am so excited for them because they seem like genuinely good people. I wish them the best of luck. Sometimes I think they lottery can be a curse not a blessing. May God be with them in the days ahead and watch over them and their family.


This was the Snapchat article. This was the only way I could figure out how to save it. Pretty cool!!!



When we finally got to Pickwick late Friday night, it was so nice to be able to sneak away from all this craziness. Whew! I can only imagine how the Robinson's heads must be spinning!

0 comments: