Sunday, August 21, 2011

2nd Annual Island Party

This was our 2nd of what we have deemed our "Annual Island Party" at the Lake. We had our first gathering on Alabama Island last year and decided it could be our one and only. After a year passed by, (how soon we forget) we (Judson) decided it had to be an annual tradition! We all know that when Judson gets an idea in his head, it will happen one way or another! Thanks Judson for getting us together and making us do fun things! Also, a shout out to Lexie for being so creative and getting us a special cake made for the party!



Well, we all had a great first half day of school on Friday and then we loaded up and raced to Pickwick. I was still fairly sick so I drove straight to the house and went to bed from about 2-6. I woke up and we went to dinner with the Regis crew and a couple of their friends. Each family went their own way for dinner on Friday. We decided to eat at Cactus Jack's because we have eaten at Pickwick Pizza every Friday night this Summer! After that, we went back to the house and visited for a bit.  I went to bed early Friday night so that I might feel like partying Saturday. The picture above is of the "Magic Man". He is always at restaurants around Pickwick and he always does magic tricks for the kids. He is actually pretty darn good, too.

Saturday morning I felt a little better. I don't know if I really felt better or if it was just the anti-nausea drugs kicking into action? Either way, I pushed myself into packing up everything but the kitchen sink and prepared to stay out until sunset. It actually rained for awhile (which was NICE) and allowed me to move a little slower than usual! We got the Rib Cage to go and headed out for the long haul. This picture is of the "few" items we loaded up to take over to the Island...


We finally got everything situated and unloaded and we all sat down to eat lunch around 2pm. Guess what??? I had ordered everyone their usual from the Rib Cage except for guess who??? Me...oh well, I really didn't feel like eating anyway. I just ate my kids leftovers off of their plates:-) Then, I took my place in my chair (thanks Leslie). I held that chair down for most of the day except for taking pictures, pretty much! And guess what...Judson took my picture! Thank you dear!

The kids were all great as usual. They all get along so well together (just an occasional wrestling match)! It was overcast most of the afternoon and breezy which made for a much cooler day. Otherwise, I do not think I would have made it all day. They just swam, explored, played guitars, sang songs, roasted smores, and Ally and Abby  pulled inner tubers/knee boarders ALL afternoon.


Anna Claire, Maddye, Ally, Lexie, Abby, Sophie, Jake, Steven & Oney


Will, Oney & Porter on a treasure hunt in the woods!


Lexie & Sophie                             Joseph & Oney


"Our" Island


We had our own little praise band throughout the day.


The three stooges and Lori being the "GREAT" sport that she ALWAYS is...


Jay and his special cake...Dr's Prognosis...red dye #5...no treatment necessary!

Staying cool and hydrated...very important task for these boys!


Our boats on display...

I had to ride the Sea Doo in to the slip before sunset. Ryan came over and picked me up. Then we raced back to the Island where Judson was scrambling to take every one's picture before the Sun set. We took these same pictures last year and they were awesome!









 Of course, we realized at the very end we had taken every one's family picture but OUR OWN. So...Judson starts yelling at everyone....hurry up get in the picture...the sun is setting....squeeze in...SMILE...don't ruin my picture....go get your guitars for the picture...you get the picture??? Well, we had a major traumatic accident...As we are all rushing to get in the pic, Abby slipped in a hole and fell down. As she was climbing out, she tripped and fell on her guitar. I was scared she broke a bone, but thank goodness she didn't. She just snapped her guitar in to:-( Mind you Judson is still yelling...the sun is setting, everybody get in the picture and smile damn it! Fake it! Here is what we were able to pull off...


And, after we snapped the picture, we all went back to our raw emotions...


Oney - POOR Abby...look at that guitar...oh me...
Abby - my guitar...I will NEVER get another one...my life is over
Judson - somebody get me another beer...
Ally - eye roll....OMG
Dana - hiding in back from everyone and everything...


The Guitar...



Our driver in for the night. Abby did a great job leading the group in for the night. Another GREAT Island party...no sobriety tests this year, just a broken guitar!


1 comments:

Emily said...

OMG that is so funny! You guys crack me up!Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!