Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Abby and Volleyball...Lucky #13

Abby LOVES volleyball! She is really enjoying her team and her Coach, Brad Smith, this year! She was so excited when she got her jersey. The coach just randomly selected the numbers and she got number 13, her favorite number! The picture above is of her team after their first game! They played SBEC. They won the first game and lost the second one. They probably would have won them both if there had not been a misunderstanding. They didn't realize they were scheduled for an A and B team so we would have played a little differently had we known. Oh well, they still did great!

Abby's serve is so much more powerful this year than last. You can really tell that she has been practicing. She looks so cute in her little shorts...can you believe how short these girls wear their spandex? I would die if I had to wear those at any age!

I can't help but chuckle when they are in the "huddle". This is Brad's first year to coach a girl's sport- he is the boys baseball coach. He is so animated and tries so hard to communicate on a "girls level"...it's funny!

WE WON THE FIRST GAME!!!


I think I took about 500 pictures that day. I don't know why, but I can NEVER get a good picture in a gym. Oh well, at least I ended up with a few good shots!

0 comments: